PRO ELECTRICIAN HONOLULU
Home EV Charger – Honolulu, Hawaii
Electric cars are growing in demand! Currently there are more than 5.1 million of them on the roads around the world. The number of vehicles in Hawaii has surpassed the 10,000 milestone as of September 2019.
A large amount of Hawaii residents seem to be at least interested or open to changing to an electric vehicle in the future. However, one of the reasons why people are still reluctant to change to an electrical car is the number or charging stations available in Hawaii, and the waiting time for it to charge.
It is easy to understand why that can be difficult. If you drive a lot and need to charge your automobile every day you will be stuck at a public EV charger station for at least 30 min. Sometimes, even more if you have to wait in line for your turn. This seems to be the only drawback encounter by most people that already have an electrical vehicle.
If this is you, please call our Oahu electricians and we can guide you through the options to install an EVSE to your home giving you the ability and convenience to charge your vehicle at home.
Home EV Charger Station Installation in Honolulu, Hawaii
EV is short for EVSE (electric vehicle supply equipment) and can be installed in your home with less trouble than you may think. When considering this option, it is important to hire a qualified electrician with experience. After all it is your car and your home on the line now; we definitely can’t let anything go wrong with those!
There are different levels which will determine how long it takes for your car to be fully charged:
- Level 1 Charger: plain, cheap, simple to set up. You will use a special extension cord plugged into an ordinary outlet with voltage of 110 volts. In this case the electrician can verify that your system has the capacity to handle that and check the GFCI safety outlet. The only disadvantage about the level 1 station is how long it takes to charge a automobile.
- 20 Amp: Your car will take 10-20 hours to charge.
- Level 2 Charger: This level needs a special set-up because the voltage required is higher – up to 240 volts. This can be installed in your garage by an EV specialist at PRO Electrician Honolulu. You can pick 30 Amp or 50 Amp wires:
- 30 Amp: your car will take 8-12 hours to charge
- 50 Amp: your car will take 6 hours or less to charge
- Level 3 Charger: This is the type you see in public charging stations. Incredibly fast as it charges your car in half an hour. This type is purely commercial.
Get a Free Quote
EV Charger Rebates
If you are considering buying an electrical vehicle you can find tax benefits at a Federal level.
The Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (PUC) has offered rebates for set up and upgrades to Level 2 charging stations in the past. They are currently offering rebates for commercial and multi-family units. If you are thinking about installing or upgrading home to a level 2 EV charging station in Honolulu or Hawaii you should find information about any possible tax rebate occurring at that time.
You can check this website for updates: https://hawaiienergy.com/for-businesses/incentives/electric-vehicle-charging-stations
People who already made the switch to EVs and upgraded to a Level 2 charging station with us love the convenience and the savings at the end of the month. What are you waiting for? Call us today!